Creating Memorable Moments with Family & Friends
Every culture, nation, and tradition has developed its own unique ways of honoring special occasions. Their customs and traditions are a direct product of their cultural background, history, religious beliefs and even the geography of the region they live in. We see this in religious and cultural festivals around the world like the Carnival in Brazil, Chinese New Year, Oktoberfest in Germany and Diwali in India.
The Johnson Family is committed to celebrating birthdays, times of thanksgiving, inspirational and freedom events throughout the year with family and friends. The RSVP link is at the bottom of this page. Listed below are highlights from previous events:
The Cowboy Guest Code at JHPR
Although the historic Code of the West was unwritten, cowboys, trappers, hunters, and others in the U.S. frontier knew it was about maintaining honesty, integrity, and courage in a wide-open region where the power of government barely reached and laws were not always enforced.
The Code of the West: Alive and Well at JHPR:
1. Keep it "JOE": Jesus Over Everything
2. Take pride in your work - work your assignment
3. Always finish what you start- But pray before you start
4. Do what has to be done
5. Be tough, but fair
6. When you make a promise, keep it
7. Ride for “the brand”
8. Practice tolerance & understanding of others
9. Remember that some things aren't for sale
10. Be an excellent steward of the land and its animals
11. Live each day with faith, hope, and love.
12. It ain't all about you- always pay it forward
No written code ever existed but it was an unwritten, socially agreed set of informal laws that shaped the cowboy culture... And shapes the ranch culture at the Johnson Family Horsepower Ranch.